Subscribe Via Email
Aluminum Asia Automotive AVX China Conflict Free Counterfeit EMEA Energy Environment Film Graphene High Cap High Temp High Voltage IP Japan Kemet Low ESR Maxwell Mil Spec Minerals Mining MLCC Murata NE Panasonic Polymer Recycling RF/Micro SEMCO Supercap Syfer Taiyo Yuden Tantalum TDK TDK-EPC Ultracap Vishay Yageo
- Raytheon elects CEO Thomas Kennedy as new board chairman
- China’s ZTE revamping sales strategy to reverse smartphone slide
- Japanese automakers rack up across-the-board profit growth
- Japan Fair Trade Commission inspects companies over alleged cartel
- Second-tier DIY motherboard vendors face crackdown on tax evasion
- Apple Signs Up 9 More Carmakers for CarPlay Entertainment System
- Medtronic, Lifetech expand China pacemaker deal
- Cynosure® Announces PicoSure® Is FDA-Cleared To Treat Acne Scars
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
AC Capacitors - Usually required where motor starting torques must be relatively high in relation to running torque. Can be found in motors in conjunction with the windings.
AC Ripple - The alternating current superimposed on the dc bias after rectification in a power supply.
Air Capacitors - A capacitor having only air as the dielectric material between its plates.
Air-gap Capacitors - Air-gap capacitors have a low dielectric loss. Large-valued, tunable capacitors that can be used for resonating HF antennas can be made this way.
Aluminum Electrolytic - A polarized capacitor exhibiting a very high capacitance/volume ratio that consists of two electrodes immersed in an electrolyte, with a chemical film that acts as a dielectric on one or both electrodes. Electrolytic capacitors are made by winding either plain or etched foils on which an oxide has been formed on the surface of one (either anode or cathode) film. The etching of the foil increases the surface area and a considerable increase in capacitance can thus be obtained.
Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Consists of two conducting electrodes, with the anode having an aluminum metal oxide film acting as the dielectric material or insulating medium. These capacitors are generally used in filtering, bypassing and coupling.
Anode - An electrode through which current enters any nonmetallic conductor.
Axial Leads - Axial leaded capacitors with terminal wires egressing from the sides of the capacitor body.